Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Let's Get Started



Some of you may know me from my posts at MCOL Blog or Linkedin, where I’ve been sharing my thoughts on our health care system for the past few years.   

Others may know me from my time at Highmark, the large Blue Cross Blue Shield plan headquartered in Pittsburgh, where as Vice President, eMarketing & CRM I spearheaded both its web presence and its consumer-directed products.   

A few with even longer memories may recall me from one or more of my roles during my many years at Prudential HealthCare, which included running a health plan, working on health policy at the federal and state level, and product development/market research.   

And hopefully many of you are just discovering me through this blog.

I’ve been involved in health care for more years than I care to admit.  I’ve done a lot, seen a lot, and have opinions on most everything.  My point of view can generally be described as market-driven and patient-centered, but I like to think I’m not rigidly doctrinaire and am open to good ideas wherever they come from.   

There’s so much about our health care system that is dysfunctional, at the very least, and I intend to happily skewer examples whenever I can.  Yet there are also many inspiring innovations going on, and I will even more happily try to celebrate them whenever I can.

Let’s get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment